Since 2013, the Veterans Health Library (VHL) has been offering Veterans, family members, and caregivers 24/7 access to comprehensive, Veteran-focused health information. The online Library is just a click away at www.veteranshealthlibrary.org or via My HealtheVet at www.myhealth.va.gov! It is a great place to get easy-to-access information about Veteran-centered, up-to-date health information.
The VHL includes reliable sources such as:
- Over 1,500 printable health sheets on topics such as chronic pain, digestive problems, or mental health
- More than 150 videos on health-related topics such as heart diseases, diabetes, or healthy living
- Health encyclopedia on different diseases and conditions
- Online workbooks that contain text, audio, and graphics to help you manage your conditions
- Information that is presented in both English and Spanish.
The VHL is a one-stop source for health information to help Veterans stay healthy and well-informed by providing:
- Information that has been approved by VA experts
- Materials easy for Veterans to use and understand
- Veteran-specific health topics, such as posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD), Agent Orange and combat-related traumatic brain injury
- Additional links to other VA resources that provide more information about health related topics
The online tools in the VHL can help you find different ways to improve your health through lifestyle changes such as diet or exercise, prepare for visits with your provider, understand your conditions or treatments better, and help you be more involved in your own health care! The learning materials in the VHL have been improved through ongoing testing and feedback from Veterans, their family members, as well as health care providers. The VHL website also provides a link to the Veterans Resources website where you can find more information on different health issues. All health information is available to Veterans, their family and the public, no matter where the Veteran receives care. The VHL is regularly updated with new information. You can go on the VHL from any number of devices, including your computer, your smartphone, or your tablet, as long as you have connection to the internet. Check out the VHL today to stay healthy!