You can now find tasty yet healthy recipes right here on our site. Not every meal has to be bland and boring. Try this tasty steak recipe with a little sauce to spice up your dinner from our dietitians to your home!
- 6-8 oz sirloin steak,
- 1 diced squash
- 1 diced zucchini
- 2-3 diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup rice (any kind)
- Italian seasoning, to taste
Salt and pepper
- In a rice cooker, add 1/2 cup of rice and 1 cup of water. Turn on the rice cooker.
- Preheat a sauté pan and add extra virgin olive oil to the pan. As the pan is heating up, slice the sirloin in half so you will have two sides looking alike. Season with salt and pepper.
- Dice the tomato, squash, zucchini, onion, and mince the garlic.
- Juice one lemon and set aside.
- Add the sirloin to pan.
- Add in the onion.
- Let the sirloin cook for 3-5 minutes (depending on its thickness). Flip the steak and add in the squash and zucchini.
- Add in the tomatoes and garlic.
- Remove sirloin from pan and let rest.
- Add in the Italian seasoning to the pan. Add a little seasoning at first, followed by a little lemon juice. Add more as you taste. (It is easier to add seasoning then to remove it from a dish).
- Stir vegetables around. Allow to cook for 3 minutes on medium heat. Cook for shorter if you prefer crunchier vegetables, or cook longer for softer vegetables.
- Place the cooked rice on the plate, then add the vegetables. Place sirloin on top and drizzle any liquid left over from the vegetables on top of the sirloin.
- Serving per recipe: 2
- Serving Size: 3-4 oz. steak and half of the veggies